This exercise was really useful for me as I have normally preferred to draw natural objects from personal choice and this is the first time I have really considered the shape and structure of made objects. Once I understood the concept I found I am beginning to look for shapes everywhere, so I do think this has been a very valuable lesson for me.
This is my journey, learning to really see and draw the world around me, making new discoveries all the time.
Friday, 28 August 2009
Moving onto shapes
After feeling a lot more confident getting the first exercises completed, I initially came a bit unstuck again, as I seemed totally unable to understand the first part of this exercise, about drawing overlapping shapes to make a three dimensional one! My brain is certainly not mathematical and I was trying to make this so complex, until it suddenly hit me, and then all became clear and I really began to enjoy this exercise. I drew a number of objects in which I could see basic shapes, and then, to test myself I used a triangular shaped soap dispenser and tried to draw all the shapes contained within it. That was great fun!
This exercise was really useful for me as I have normally preferred to draw natural objects from personal choice and this is the first time I have really considered the shape and structure of made objects. Once I understood the concept I found I am beginning to look for shapes everywhere, so I do think this has been a very valuable lesson for me.


This exercise was really useful for me as I have normally preferred to draw natural objects from personal choice and this is the first time I have really considered the shape and structure of made objects. Once I understood the concept I found I am beginning to look for shapes everywhere, so I do think this has been a very valuable lesson for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment