This is my journey, learning to really see and draw the world around me, making new discoveries all the time.

Saturday, 7 September 2013

Trying textures: Stone at Kings Weston

I've decided to post regardless of how I feel about the work.

This  journal page shows interpretations of very different stone objects at Kings Weston. One of the C18th balustrade pillars in need of renovation,  looking across to  the River Severn and the industrial landscape of Avonmouth; and two huge natural pieces of stone,  put into  a seat formation in the woodland.


Derwent Aquatone Pencils and Noodler's Ink on Saunder's Waterford 140g NOT.

I  bought my first Noodler's Flex nib pen this week and wanted to try it out. I'm thrilled with it.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific textures in the stone balustrade and the mossy stone seats, Jules. I'd be so happy if I could render scenes this skillfully!

    ReplyDelete